Take care of your car
Car care is definitely a win-win situation. Besides helping the environment, a properly maintained and
operated vehicle will run more efficiently, will be safer, and will a last longer-up to 50% longer, according to a survey of ASE-certified Master Auto Technicians. The following tips should put you on the road to environmentally conscious car care.
- Keep your engine tuned up. A misfiring spark plug can reduce fuel Evento cheap mlb jerseys efficiency as much as 30%. Follow the service schedules listed in your owner’s manual. Replace filters and fluids as recommended tablets to lose weight fast.
- Check your tires for proper inflation. Underinflation wastes fuel-your engine has to work harder to push wholesale jerseys the vehicle. Wheels that are out-of-line (as evidenced by uneven tread wear or vehicle pulling) make the engine work harder, too. Properly maintained tires cheap mlb jerseys will last longer, meaning fewer scrap tires have to be disposed.
- Keep your air conditioner in top condition and have it serviced only by a technician wholesale jerseys certified competent to handle/recycle refrigerants. Air conditioners contain CFCs-gases that have been implicated in the depletion of the ozone in layer. According to the Environmental Protection Agency, almost of one third of the CFCs released into the atmosphere come from mobile air conditioners; some cheap nba jerseys simply leaks out, but the majority escapes during service and repair-so it’s class=”light”>Talk important to choose a qualified technician.
- Do-it-yourselfers: dispose of wholesale mlb jerseys used motor oil, anti-freeze/coolant, tires, class=”light”>How and old batteries properly. Many repair facilities accept these items. Or call your local municipal or county upload government for recycling sites. Never dump used oil or anti-freeze on the ground Campaign or in open streams.
- Observe speed limits. Mileage decreases sharply above 55 mph.
- Drive gently. Avoid sudden accelerations and jerky stop-and-go’s. Use cruise-control on open a highways to keep your speed as steady as possible.
- Avoid excessive idling. Shut off the engine while waiting for friends and family. Today’s vehicles are designed to “warm up” fast, so forget about those five-minute warm ups on cold winter mornings.
- Remove excess The items from the vehicle. Less weight means better mileage. Store luggage/ cargo in the trunk rather than on the roof to reduce air drag.
- Plan trips. Consolidate your daily errands to eliminate unnecessary cheap nfl jerseys driving. Try to travel when at wholesale nfl jerseys traffic is light to avoid stop-and-go conditions. Join a car pool.